Feeling Better in 2021 is a top priority and heres how.
I think that everyone can agree that 2020 has been a day-by-day challenge. It had all the makings of a bestselling book, an academy award winning movie and it played out like a chapter straight out of the book of Revelations. A year full of protest, racial injustice, a crazy election and a pandemic was enough to make you wanna holla. One of the things that I have learned this year is that it is crucial to take time for yourself and put yourself first. There is no way that you can offer kindness, help, or love to anyone until you first offer those things to yourself.
Self-love and self-care are directly related to having a happy life. Self-care is more than a spa treatment, a mani-pedi and a workout at the gym. It first starts with a mindset. There has to be some thought put into what loving yourself should really looks like. Everyone is different. Learn to listen to your heart and body to truly understand what self love means for you.
We as humans are a three-part being and each part of us needs and deserves personal attention. We are a spirit that lives in a body and we possess a soul. The body, soul, and spirit all have different needs. Begin to think about yourself as having 3 seperate parts. Each part of us needs to be cared for individually as we approach a self-care regimen.
Think about ways that you can revive and restore your soul. So as not to confuse anyone, the soul is the seat of our emotions. It is your mind and feelings. What would it take for you to feel good mentally? I find that prayer and meditation helps me immensely. Give thought to how you can bring your body back to a place of balance and a healthy and ideal weight so that you feel better. Lastly, what would it take to feed your spirit and place your life on a path to truly walk with God and understand his design for your life and your true purpose. All of this is what self-care really means. It means total care of the whole you.
Here are the 6 ways I intend to really pay attention to my body, soul, and spirit in the upcoming new year. I really learned a lot about how to take care of myself this year so that my mind, Body and soul would be nurtured and cared for.
1. Ginger is a spice and is useful for cooking, but I have included it in my daily routine because it helps with digestion and inflammation. It is also known to Be a useful home remedy for cold and flu. I stumbled upon an article that explained how ginger is good for inflammation in the body. I recently broke my leg and the swelling seemed to persist. Especially around my ankle. I began to make a ginger tea and noticed the pain was not as severe and the swelling was minimized. I was elated because the pain medication that was prescribed to me was extremely hard on my stomach and ginger was a great alternative. I have become very committed to trying to put only good things in my body more times than not and Ginger is a keeper.
2. MCT Oil is loaded with antioxidants. I use the one that is made with organic coconut oil. It too helps lower insulin levels and helps burn fat. Learning about how MCT oil is processed made me interested it the Keto diet. When MCT oil is digested, it goes straight from the stomach to the liver and then it is used as a source of energy or is turned into keystones. Once the body is in ketosis it no longer uses sugar as a fuel source but fat instead. This is why the Keto diet has become so popular in recent years. It is definitely a different way of eating. It has also helped me control my diabetes and I am currently off all diabetic medication and cholesterol pills. It also helps with brain and memory functions and is even known to be used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s. MCT oil has been a great addition to my daily routine.
3. Apple cider Vinegar is something that I have tried in the past and never kept up the habit. Lately I moved it into the bathroom cabinet, and I keep a cup nearby. I could never seem to remember to take it in the morning and now keeping it in the bathroom helps me to remember. I worked it back into my morning routine because I experienced great benefits that made me want to make it a part of my daily regimen. I found that my stomach felt better after meals and it also aided in keeping my sugar levels under control. Even though it doesn’t taste great it is well worth the benefits. Apple cider vinegar is also known to assist in weight loss and I’m excited to see if that proves to be true in 2021.
4. Lemon is definitely known for vitamin C and also has digestive benefits as well. Sometimes I add it to my ginger tea and to my apple cider vinegar in the mornings, either way I try to get my lemon juice in. Lemon is really a hidden gem and it is also known to prevent kidney stones and protect against anemia.
5. Keto Fire is a supplement that I have added into my daily routine since I’ve been experimenting with the keto diet. I find that it helps keep me in ketosis and burn fat. I think supplements are essential and should be taken daily. At the very least make sure you find a good multi-vitamin that will help you get those extra vitamins and minerals.
6. Journaling is medicine for the soul. It allows you to express your thoughts and feelings in a safe place. This has been a habit that I incorporated into my life many years ago. It has been my therapy and it has proven to be far less expensive than traditional counseling. I think that journaling is so important and useful that it has inspired me to encourage you to join me on this journey of writing. We have the ability to use our words to speak things into existence. Our words have the power to move mountains. Trust me when I tell you because there have been many mountains in my life that should have destroyed me. Instead, I write. Then I rewrite. And then I write again. I make it a habit to journal daily and I encourage you to do the same. I write my prayers for my life and I ask God to meet me and work things out in my favor if it be his will. Also writing your words keeps the thought and idea in front of you and it becomes easier to speak it. You will find that your verbiage changes and begins to line up with what you have put on paper. Things begin to change; mountains begin to move, and life gets better. I promise.